Job Vacancy – 1st Line Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs largest independent Weighing and Traceability companies.
We are looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join our support team where customer care is our priority. You will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. We are committed to developing our teams and there are opportunities to grow and excel within the business.
- Ability to approach problems logically
- Customer oriented, with the ability to adapt/ respond to different types of characters
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Action-oriented and self-disciplined
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible depending on work demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Good comprehension skills- ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Good composition skills- ability to compose a grammatically correct and accurate written response
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
To carry out a varied selection of duties including, but not limited to:
- Logging Tickets on our Ticketing System
- Working on ticket Inc. initial contact, 1st line investigation and resolution of issue.
- Monitoring of shared support box, Inc. Replying, logging, general housekeeping.
- Further investigation of 1st / 2nd line tickets
- Passing tickets to Software/Hardware where required.
- Software Testing/Bug Identification
- General IT maintenance
- Updating/maintaining IT incident reports
Outlook, VNC, RDP, other remote connection tools such as Citrix, TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Splashtop
IT Skills Required:
- Windows Desktop Support
- PC setup and support
- Active directory
- Office365 administration
- Windows Server 2012
Other Skills Desirable:
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic Linux
Salary and Incentives:
- 26-days annual leave (excl. Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
If you have a desire to work in an ambitious company and can deliver operational excellence, then this role is made for you.