1. WHO WE ARE
We are Stevens Traceability Systems Limited and Stevens Traceability Service Limited who provide weighing solutions software, installation, service, maintenance and calibration. Our Head Office is based in Blackburn, Lancashire and we hold recognised industry standards ISO9001 and ISO17025.
This policy covers:
- The types of personal data that we collect, and
- Explains how and why we collect this data and how we use your personal data.
- Explains when and why we will share your personal data.
- Explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information that we gather falls broadly into two types:
- Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and contact details, communication preferences and customer history).
- Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website), specifically:
- Your IP address through the placement of cookies.
- Location data, which might be gained through your IP address.
Information as detailed above via access to our website.
Also, via our website analytics program which collects IP address, web browser version, operating system, device type, basic demographic information when you visit www.stevenstraceability.com.
4. HOW DO WE GATHER YOUR INFORMATION
Information is gathered in the following ways:
- Indirectly – For example: using website technology, i.e., Cookies, see Section 5, that tracks and administers your visits through your browser, or similar technology when you use a mobile device.
- Directly – For example: when you make an enquiry and provide your contact information. Through your device (e.g., mobile, PC or tablet) where you have enabled location services for the applicable App or browser. This may be used for location targeted services or advertising in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted either on your device or via server, Application or website preferences.
- Google Analytics to Analyse Website Traffic – Stevens Traceability uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
5. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
5.1 WHAT IS A COOKIE
If you run a website, you may already know what a cookie is and how it functions. Just in case you don’t know much about cookies, though, here is a brief overview:
A cookie (sometimes also referred to as a browser cookie, HTTP cookie, Internet cookie or web cookie) is a small file sent from a web server to your computer whenever you visit a website. If you return to the website later, your web browser sends a small file to the server to notify the website of any previous activity you engaged in on the site. Once you return to a website the server can retrieve the cookie file from the local computer to assist in expediting certain functions such as logging in and retrieving account or user data.
Cookies can serve many useful purposes, such as remembering items you had in a shopping cart, logging visited pages on the site and remembering login details, so you don’t have to enter them every time you visit the website. The most common types of cookies are authentication cookies, which servers use to determine whether a user is logged into a site or not.
As mentioned earlier Cookies are small files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by your web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers’ interests.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the user deletes the cookies.
5.3 TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
5.4 HOW TO ACCEPT OR MANAGE COOKIES
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
As our cookies are largely aimed at improving the user experience on the website, you may find that if you block certain cookies, you may experience deterioration in the service you receive.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We will never sell your personal data, and we will only share it with organisations we work with where necessary to provide service, and where data privacy and security are assured.
The information generated relating to our website is used in two ways:
To create reports about the use of the website which includes the following:
- How many people visit the website?
- Where do visitors live? Do we need a mobile friendly website?
- What websites sends traffic to my website?
- What marketing tactics drive the most traffic to my website?
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- How many visitors have we converted into leads or customers?
- Where did my converting visitors come from and go on my website?
- How can we improve my websites speed?
- What blog content do my visitors like the most?
To handle enquiries from potential or existing customers we would need to hold the following data:
- Contact email address
- Company Name
- Contact telephone
- Nature of enquiry
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Both Stevens Traceability Systems Limited and Stevens Traceability Service Limited will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Stevens Traceability Systems Limited and Stevens Traceability Service Limited store all the personal information you provide on either our secure servers or on a secure cloud-based system we are adopting for storage of data.
We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications or services via an internet or similar connection.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe. However, please note we will not share this password with anyone.
8. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Stevens Traceability Systems Limited and Stevens Traceability Service Limited may use your personal information in several ways for example:
- Send to you statements and invoices for goods and or services you have purchased from either of our two companies.
- Collect payments from you.
- Send you marketing communications.
If either of our two companies is asked to disclose your personal information to its agents or partners for these purposes, we will contact you to seek your permission to provide any information and will respect your wish if you ask us not to.
In addition, Stevens Traceability Systems Limited and or Stevens Traceability Service Limited may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
9. HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD ON TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to, how long this is depends upon several factors, including:
- How old the data is?
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it i.e., Account Information six years from the end of the contract.
- We’ll keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your contract with us has
finished, in case you decide to use our services again.
10. RIGHTS TO REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA
You are entitled to see copies of all personal data held by us and to amend, correct or delete such data. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. You can use our email@example.com email to request amendments etc. If you gave us consent to use your data e.g., so that we can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent. Information on how to do this is on each marketing email you receive. As a person whose personal data we are processing, you have certain rights in respect of that personal data; you have the right:
- To withdraw consent.
- To access your personal data that we process.
- To rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- To obtain your personal data for reuse.
- To object to certain processing of your personal data.
- To complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data.
11. HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the first instance please contact Stevens Traceability Head Office and advise of your enquiry relating to personal data which may be held by Stevens Traceability and your requirement to access, amend, update or remove and detail your reason for the specific action to be taken.
Telephone: 01254 685200
Please check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any updates.