We’re recruiting for a Sales Manager who will be based at our Head Office in Blackburn, Lancashire.
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs largest independent Weighing and Traceability companies.
We are recruiting for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for sales across the UK, the role may develop into a territory-based role at some point. The candidate needs to be within easy commutable distance of the Blackburn office. This is a full-time, office-based role there will be the need for the successful candidate to travel throughout the UK with overnight stays away. Stevens manufacture traceability systems (software and hardware) for manufacturers, primarily in the food, industrial, logistics, and pharmaceutical sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and report on all aspects of the sales process from initial enquiry through, technical development, order placement, and equipment commissioning.
- Develop relationships to identify further growth opportunities within existing accounts, through the introduction of the existing Stevens product range and new product offerings.
- Arrange and deliver meetings and product demonstrations, both face to face and online.
- Identify new accounts for either Stevens’ equipment or the range of other products and services the company markets.
- Online demonstrations of the company’s Software solutions and understanding customer needs is vital to this role.
- Key is the ability to look outside of the existing customer base and market space for opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Internal Sales Department to follow up marketing campaigns.
- Develop relationships and be able to present to, work, and negotiate with a range of end-users such as Technical, Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT, and Production staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the customer and market needs and work together with internal Technical and Product Managers to fulfill the requirements.
- Liaise with Contracts Managers to develop the relationship between service contracts and new goods sales.
- Where appropriate support wider customer activity such as Key Account support and Management.
- Update forward sales plans and forecasting for all sales activities to management, focusing on growing the territory in line with the company’s strategy.
- Generate and meet Sales targets in line with company budgets, targets, and goals
- Achieve personal KPI’s.
- Update CRM in a timely manner with all Opportunities and related information to the Opportunity.
- Input Technical Resource Form’s into CRM to manage technical queries, quote or NBD requirements.
- Process Order requisitions, in a timely manner with clear details of the customer requirement.
- Promote service Point of sales maintenance contracts as part of the equipment sale.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience of selling Capital Equipment is a prerequisite.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Engineering background either Mechanical or Electronic.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong people person.
- Strong administrative skills essential.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Team player.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter via the button below.