We’re looking for a skilled design engineer to join our technical team in Blackburn. You’ll undertake electrical product development and support service and sales with customer requirements needing an electrical/electronic solution.
Typical tasks include:
- Design electrical/electronic control systems.
- Write and document PLC programs that interface and control Checkweigher relays, deck belt motors, reject arms, and which also interfaces with metal detector systems.
- Using software to create prototypes, drawings, and circuit diagrams.
- Develop technical and operational specifications, test documentation and diagrams.
- Assisting manufacture of electrical systems.
- Identify the most suitable components and electrical connectivity.
- Thinking of possible design solutions.
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective.
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact, and safety of a design.
- Collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes.
- To produce electrical schematics and circuit layouts.
- Provide electrical information to support Technical Files.
- To provide test information and documentation so that products can be tested.
- Modifying designs and retesting them.
- Writing product feasibility studies, progress reports and presenting them to senior management.
This role requires someone who is creative commercially and can develop cost-effective electrical/electronic designs for new products and solutions, understands PLC logic, and can interface computer, motor, and software systems.
Other key skills include:
- Strong maths and IT skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Good visual and spatial awareness.
- Knowledge within a weighing environment would be advantageous.
Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering and suitable practical design experience is also required for this role.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter via the button below.