An exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs largest independent Weighing and Traceability companies.
We are recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for sales in Scotland. This is a full time, field-based role, selling traceability systems (software and hardware) to manufacturers, primarily in the food, industrial, logistics and pharmaceutical sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Report to the Managing Director on all aspects of the sales process from initial enquiry through, technical development, order placement, and equipment commissioning.
- Develop relationships to identify further growth opportunities within existing accounts, through the introduction of the existing Stevens product range and new product offerings.
- Identify new accounts for either Stevens equipment or the range of other products and services the company markets.
- Ability to look outside of the existing customer base and market space for opportunities is a key requirement.
- Develop relationships and be able to present to, work and negotiate with a range of end-users such as Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT and Production staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the customer and market needs and work together with internal Technical and Product Managers to fulfill the requirements.
- Liaise with Contracts Managers to develop the relationship between service contracts and new goods sales.
- Where appropriate support wider customer activity such as Key Account support and Management.
- Update forward sales plans and forecasting for all sales activities to management, focusing on growing the territory in line with the company’s strategy.
- Generate and meet Sales targets in line with company budgets, targets, and goals
- Achieve personal KPI’s
- Update CRM in a timely manner with all Opportunities and related information to the Opportunity
- Input Technical Resource Form’s into CRM to manage technical queries, quote or NBD requirements
- Process ROF’s, in a timely manner with clear details of the customer requirement
- Promote service (POS) contracts
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideal knowledge of the Weighing industry
- Software and Hardware sales experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercial awareness
- A people person
- Strong administrative skills essential
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Team player