Job Vacancy – Mechanical / Electrical Assembler (Blackburn, Lancashire)
Stevens Traceability is an established leading design, manufacturing and service business providing weighing traceability systems and equipment to the food, cash and beverage industries across the UK.
We are currently looking for an experienced mechanical, electrical assembly operator who can work within our production environment assembling weighing equipment and systems.
- Mechanical assembly from a kit of parts, weighing scales, in line checkweighers and metal detectors using engineering drawings and good wiring and mechanical assembly techniques.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools safely to complete mechanical assembly and fitting where necessary of components.
- Use Pillar drill / electric drill and taps to manually tap a drilled hole and create threads for screws and bolts.
- Drilling and fitting Din rails for clipping on electrical components and the fitting of power supplies, inverters, relays etc.
Electrical Assembly – components within control cabinets:
- Under the direction of electrical design personnel loom and terminate 240v, 24v and signal cables in control panels using standard electrical segregation and termination process i.e. cable routing and cable termination using crimping ferrules, ring terminals and push in wire terminals.
- Ensure that all documentation related to the manufacturing process is kept up to date and accurate, I.E. Build route sheets, inspection, test, and calibration records.
- Liaise with purchasing to ensure free stock requirements are maintained.
- Help organise and control the workshop area, ensuring areas are kept tidy and safe.
- Effective communications with Project Managers to progress customer orders through the manufacturing and testing process.
- Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards.
- Labelling of products during assembly/final assembly ensuring serial numbers, safety labels and warning labels are applied.
- Package finished goods for dispatch.
Setup and Calibration
- Carry out pre system and scale set up
- Carry out scale calibrations to ensure accuracy of equipment.
- Previous experience within an electro-mechanical production environment.
- Good use of hand and power tools with the ability to work from engineering and manufacturing drawings and data.
- Ability to work with other internal teams to ensure the final build is delivered successfully.
Salary and Incentives
- 26-days annual leave (excl. Bank Holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Salary dependent on experience
This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours a week.