An exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest independent Weighing and Traceability companies.
Design and test of electrical control systems for Stevens products. Combination of technical design, PLC programming, documentation and testing. Working with an experienced engineer with the opportunity to take on more responsibility and become an authority in this area of the business.
- Electrical Design
- PLC based low voltage control systems incorporating (but not limited to) sensors, motors, and load cells
- Gain an understanding of the design requirements of automatic systems for check weighing, bulk weighing, metal detection and X-ray contamination detection.
- Electrical drawings
- Produce drawings for electrical design
- Version control of existing designs
- Ensures designs are compliant to relevant technical and safety standards
- Contribute to relevant sections of Technical Construction Files
- Prototyping and Testing of new designs and fixes
- Providing feedback to Software and Mechanical design teams
- Contribute to the development of new products and product features
- Provide technical assistance to Installation, Service and Software Support teams
- Provide specifications for new and replacement components to Purchasing/Buying team
- Give technical input to the sales process
- Qualified to HNC or Degree level with an Electrical background with an interest in logical systems.
- Have a practical, hands on approach, possibly having completed an apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of PLC based electrical control systems
- Experience of producing diagrams using Visio or similar application
- Willing to learn and develop within the role