We’re recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be based at our Head Office in Blackburn, Lancashire.
An electrical design engineer is required to undertake electrical product development and to support service and sales in the field with technical or customer requirements which need an electrical/electronic solution. The role requires a person who is creative in a commercial world and who can develop cost effective electrical/electronic designs for new products and solutions to service/sales enquiries. A person who understands PLC logic and who can interface computer, motor, software systems to enable a range of automation tasks on Checkweigher and Metal detector systems is desirable.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Develop design brief
- Using software to create prototypes, drawings and system circuit diagrams.
- Assisting in the manufacture of new electrical systems
- To write and document PLC programs which interface and operate checkweigher inline in feeders, weigh decks and out feeders and which also control reject and metal detector systems.
- Develop technical and operational specifications and diagrams.
- Identify most suitable components and electrical connectivity
- Thinking of possible design solutions
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact, and safety of a design
- Collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes
- To produce electrical schematics and circuit layouts
- Provide electrical information to support Technical Files
- To provide test information and documentation so that products can be tested.
- Modifying designs and retesting them
- Writing product feasibility studies, progress reports and presenting them to senior management.
- Preferred knowledge within Weighing environment would be advantageous.
- PLC programming and ability to interface between electrical, mechanical and software applications and equipment, desirable.
- Strong maths and IT skills
- A creative flair and design ability
- Good visual and spatial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication
analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent project management skills
- Time management and organisational skills
Degree/HND/HNC Electrical Engineering with suitable practical hands-on design work experience.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter via the button below.